Thursday, October 6, 2011

Puppet kick

I encountered several problems when I tried puppet kick. I did setup /etc/hosts to resolve pslave1 and could ping the host. It turns out that I have to enable tcp/8139 on pslave1's firewall.
$ sudo puppet kick -f --debug --host pslave1.puppet-test.com
Triggering pslave1.puppet-test.com
Host pslave1.puppet-test.com failed: No route to host - connect(2)
pslave1.puppet-test.com finished with exit code 2
Failed: pslave1.puppet-test.com
Then I run into another problem, I did add the following in /etc/puppet/auth.conf like this (THIS IS WRONG)
# this one is not stricly necessary, but it has the merit
# to show the default policy which is deny everything else
path /
auth any

path /run
method save
allow pmaster.puppet-test.com
And I did add run this command to create namespaceauth.conf
sudo touch /etc/puppet/namespaceauth.conf
But it is still don't allow me to kick the agent:
warning: Denying access: Forbidden request: pmaster.puppet-test.com(192.168.56.101) access to /run/pslave1.puppet-test.com [save] authenticated  at line 93
err: Forbidden request: pmaster.puppet-test.com(192.168.56.101) access to /run/pslave1.puppet-test.com [save] authenticated  at line 93
Finally I found why: because I put "path /run" after "path /". Here is the correct auth.conf
path /run
auth any
method save
allow pmaster.puppet-test.com

# this one is not stricly necessary, but it has the merit
# to show the default policy which is deny everything else
path /
auth any
You can run puppet agent like this to get the debug information:
sudo puppet agent --listen --debug --no-daemonize --verbose

2 comments:

  1. puppet agent is working fine.. But i have issue with puppet kick.
    When i try to push any module from server usinf puppet kick, same error
    Triggering pslave1.puppet-test.com
    Host pslave1.puppet-test.com failed: No route to host - connect(2)
    pslave1.puppet-test.com finished with exit code 2
    Failed: pslave1.puppet-test.com

    exists.
    Please help me out. Any help would be appreciated,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check if the firewall is running.
    A quick test would be to stop it and run puppet

    ReplyDelete